Monday, May 26, 2008

Tucson update!

Hey everyone! So, these pictures are out of order. I am still learning how to use the photo uploader thing. But, you can get the gist of it.
This is me and Robert at the Sonoran Desert Museum. We went with Mom, Dad, Brandon, and Britt when they came to visit this last weekend! We rented Robert an electric cart thing to cruise around on, and I am glad we did! It was a lot of walking. He is looking really good though. :)

Haha, me and Britt had fun with the baby Big Horn Sheep statue. The actual Big Horn Sheep were pretty cool, we also saw mountain lions, bobcats, prairie dogs, birds, and some other stuff, it was a really cool museum.

I know I told you all about Robert's mucusitis, this is what his tongue looked like, and I'm sure his throat was the same. It was pretty bad, I'm glad that is all gone. I know he is too!
Me and Taryn at the mall when Janelle, Steve, and Taryn came to visit. She is so adorable!
Me and Robert at one of our many Clinic visits. He looks better and better everyday.
Haha, he is such a dork. He loved this, he had way too much fun with it. I think he had more fun with his scooter than he did actually seeing the museum.
Me and Brandon chillin in the desert. Best brother ever.

Ken and Alycia came to visit us our first weekend out of the hospital. This is when we were hanging out at the Clinic. Don't you love Robert's shirt? I got it for him. Haha, gotta love The Office.
Me and Alycia, it was fun to hang out and feel more normalish. We went shopping, I got some cute shirts.
Another picture at the Clinic, this shows more what goes on. He gets labs drawn, and in this pic he is getting a magnesium IV. I read a lot, I am reading Enders Game right now, almost finished. If anyone has suggestions for good books let me know! Taryn needed a snack while she was visiting. I am sure that she would love to eat that Snickers, but she loved the yogurt too. The girl LOVES her food.

This was at the Desert Museum too! It was so fun to hang out with fam. We miss all of you guys! Everything has been going really well though. Robert is doing fabulous. Of course he wishes he could be running a 20k by now, but he is doing a good job at pacing himself. We are getting used to being in Tucson as well, it is still kind of weird thinking we won't be going home for another 2 months or so, but I think it will go by fast. I am really looking forward to hanging out with everyone at the Grand Canyon this August. It will be fun! I love you all!


1 comment:

Kristin said...

SO many photos to comment on! I love them all. Robert's poor tongue! That's so funny how much he loved his scooter. The mountain goat statue pics cracked me up, too. Did Robert lose all his hair this time, or did he shave it off again? He is looking better and better! I'm glad you've been able to have family come and visit frequently. When I want to move pictures around after I upload them, I always go to "Edit HTML" and cut and paste them in the order I want. It took me a little trial and error, but I got it figured out, and I'm sure you will soon, too. It also took me a little time to figure out that I could upload 5 pics at a time. Thanks for blogging so we could all enjoy seeing you and hearing what you've been up to. Book suggestions: I thought the book, "The Glass Castle: A Memoir" by Jeanette Wells was interesting and good. Another book I liked was "Princess Academy" by Shannon Hale. I've heard that "Eragon" and "Eldest" are good, but that Eragon takes a little while to get into (Eldest is the sequel). I have them both and will ship them to you if you're interested--they're long books, and I haven't read them yet. This comment is plenty long enough now--I should've sent an e-mail instead. :) We love and think about both of you lots! Tell Robert hi for us.